Jennie Moore Elementary (JME) is a partial magnet school for the Creative Arts, serving a diverse socio-economic and multicultural population in the East Cooper area.
Beginning with the 2002-2003 school year, we implemented a program of arts infusion into our curriculum. With this program, we continue to base all instruction on the South Carolina State Standards while integrating the learning across the curriculum using the arts. Our success can be attributed to the hard work and determination of our teachers, our students, our staff, and our parents. We welcome and need your input and support to accomplish the goals set forth in our School Renewal Plan.
Visitors are always welcome. For the safety of our students and staff, all visitors, including parents, relatives and friends, are required to sign in with the front office and to wear a visitor's pass.
- Student population: Approximately 780
- Classes for 4 Year Child Development through 5th Grade
- Small class sizes for Grades 1 and 2
- Creative Arts, Technology and Foreign Language (Spanish) Magnet
- Limited departmentalization at grades 3, 4 and 5
- Drama Troupe
- Chimes Ensemble
- Advanced Art
- Gifted and Talented Classes (SAIL)
- Primary Grade Reading Academy
- Full-time Speech
- Student Council
- Kaleidoscope After School Care
- Average teaching experience of 20 years
- 80% hold advanced degrees
- 10 National Board Certified Teachers
- Caring and dedicated faculty and staff
- Active and involved parents - Over 400 volunteers this year!
- I-Beam Mentor Program